So Preppy, So Classy
Adding beloved polka dots and peep toed booties makes this look so current while maintaining a timeless, classy-prep vibe. Love it!! Personally I would hold onto these polka dot skinnys and to die for booties no matter what the latest trend! Remember we can always encorporate trendy pieces we love and make them part of our signature style indefinitely! I think the key is, we have to love them and choose them wisely.
Browse my picks
1. knit pullover with feminine keyhole detail in classic navy ~ J. Crew Factory
2. genuine leather hobo tote in cognac, as timeless as it gets ~ Madewell
3. beloved polka dot distressed skinnys, light denim and perfectly stretchy ~ Marc Jacobs , more affordable option here
4. must have tan suede peep toe booties, ultra feminine lines...so classic yet so current ~ sole society
Add your favorite trendy hues, eye catching texture, and fun statement jewels! The Classic white blouse, a line skirt, taupe suede clutch and shoe combo keep this look timeless. I don't think there would be any need to retire this glorious skirt and necklace when brights and cobalt relinquish their of the moment status. At least not when styled like this!
browse my picks
1. a bold statement in a bright hue yet so feminine and works perfectly with a classic button down blouse ~ Bauble Bar
2. white silk button down is sure to stand the test of time ~ J. Crew
3. timeless taupe clutch. So elegant and classy, and it's especially timeless when paired with matching heels ~ Asos
4. fun alternative to the classic a line skirt. Although it's bold, bright and silky, the silhouette is timeless so it lasts for more than a moment ~ here
5. taupe heels...one word, forever ~ Sole Society
Happy Monday, Darlings! I hope you had a lovely weekend.
I'm feeling inspired by this Classic Meets Trendy series I'm testing out. I've got another post like this planned for later in the week, and I'm thinking about doing it monthly going forward. I want to focus on the notion of incorporating the trendy pieces that we can't resist into our signature style. If we keep this in mind when shopping, I think even the trendy pieces we do choose to invest in can become part of our wardrobe for years to come.
I want to bring you posts you find relevant and helpful, so please let me know if this is something you would be interested in reading monthly.
Have a lovely day, and thanks so much for stopping by!